Monday, January 10, 2011

We're getting Married!!

On December 27th, 2010- two days after Christmas, and two days before my birthday- Stuart asked me to marry him!! FINALLY! ;)  Here's how he did it:
He asked me if I wanted to walk our dog, Sophie, on the new trail to Shelby Farms, The Greenline. He had never been on the trail before and had been talking about checking it out. I agreed, so I got dressed and met him at his house. I was wearing yoga pants, my glasses, and tennis shoes while he was dressed in jeans and a nice shirt...I questioned him about his choice of clothes, but he acted like I was strange for dressing how did since "we're only going on a walk."
Once we got to the trail, Stuart walked Sophie, and I walked along with them. Sophie kept wrapping us up in the leash and running all over the place- She was so excited to be on a walk. Later, Stuart asked if I wanted to walk to dog for a while. I said "sure" and while I walked her, Stuart dragged behind me a few feet. We got the the part of the trail where there is a bridge over the Wolf River. I said, "This is actually really pretty, and kind of romantic!" I reached back and wiggled my fingers and asked Stuart to hold my hand, but he said "I can't right now." I thought that was a strange response so I turned around, only to find him getting down on one knee! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! I just jumped up and down and kept saying "No way! Oh my gosh! You are not doing this!" :) I was THRILLED!! He definitely surprised me!
My ring is absolutely gorgeous and EXACTLY what I wanted! (He's so good!)
It was definitely the best day of my life--Yoga pants, tennis shoes, glasses and all!



No comments:

Post a Comment